Friday 6 June 2014

p7

Test
Method
Expected outcome
Actual Outcome
Action required
‘software applications can work as intended’
I will download Microsoft office and open PowerPoint.  
To see if it runs quickly and works as supposed.
The program opened quickly and the tools worked well.
No action required except the installation of the Microsoft office.
‘default folder settings are correct’
I will move folders into a default folder and see if it works.
For my files to be transferred and kept safe in a default folder.
All my folders were transferred successfully into a default folder.
No action needed as all I needed to was send my folders into a default folder.
‘desktop shortcuts go to the right place’
I will create a shortcut to my documents from my desktop.
To see if it works and sends me where I wanted it to.
The shortcut put me straight into my documents as expected.
No action needed.
‘the correct device drivers are installed’
I will install device and expect the driver to work.
I will expect all of the functions of the device inserted to work otherwise it means the systems drivers aren’t working as expected.
The correct device driver was installed and the functions worked.
Plugging in a device.
‘the correct paper sizes are set for printing’
I will use word and go on printer settings and see the available paper sizes to print on.
All the basic paper sizes e.g. A4 and A3 can be printed.
These paper sizes could be printed as expected and the quality was the same.
Just needed to be able to print the file.
‘menu options work as intended’
I will use the menu options and type in Microsoft.
I will expect all the programs to be shown.
The programs came up like they should of.
To have access to the menu.
‘the correct date and time are set’
The bottom right has footer with the date and time on. I will use my watch and check that they are the same and are correct.
It to be on the right time and the right date.
It was on the right time and date as my watch.
To use my watch.



1 comment:

  1. www. you have shown with this table that you can test a configured computer system for functionality. P7 achieved.

    ReplyDelete